EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Hunting Grounds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Grounds Post your questions about what, where, and how to kill here.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Rep Power: 709 Deccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Deccado
Default Raid Mob Respawn Timer

So Alla and Search both haven't netted me much. What did the raid mob respawn timers get changed to a couple of years ago? Three and a half days give-or-take something? I'm looking particularly at Velious mobs, but anything in the right direction would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

Rep Power: 1328 BastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden godBastardLunatic is a golden god

I'm under the impression that they missed a lot of mobs with that change.

I think it's time for them to go back and set EVERYTHING from TSS on back to a 1 day respawn, and dramatically reduce lockout timers.

This is completely dead content, so dead that you only see complaints about the vergalid expedition being completely broken about once every 6 months.

I'd also like to see all named mobs from older content on a 50% spawn rate
Victory over Frodlin, Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm.

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
When Nero used Christians as human torches, that was the only time they brought any light into the world.
Mankind will never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the galaxy until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest.
BastardLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Karilis1
He who abides.

Rep Power: 232 Karilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge KnightKarilis1 is a Scourge Knight

This needs to happen.

If I want to bring an alt up, experience content I never did, without just obliterating it with my main, or otherwise get friends interested in the game...

I really can't do that, if the coolest things to kill are perma down, or there are six other people with my same idea to just check in once per day, and kill whatever's up in an old zone.

Hell, what would be wrong with -instant- repop on King Tormax, Dain, and Yelinak at this point? And Stormfeather, Lodizal, Kelorrek Dar, the ToV dragons, the pegasus in NK for mage epic, all of the epic 1.0 mobs... Aten Ha Ra, and so on and so forth.

Woah is us, we can outfit our newbies in a few slots of gear that is good until 60-65?

Alright, instant is literally going overboard to instant gratification, but the old zones are dead except the occasional powerleveller or alt. If people thought a creature might actually be up, they might stop by a zone more often than once every six months going to check it out daily for a week because the fancy strikes them.

Like a few nights ago I just decided to run to Kael, nothing of note was up except Vindi, and I left some boots of the vindicator rot, or maybe it was a chestpiece, I don't recall.

I'd have loved to have faced off against the avatar of war, or king tormax, but meh. Hell, if they were on five hour timers, I could check a couple times a night,a nd if someone slew them -just- before I got home, I'd be able to go in and fight them just before I go to bed.

Also, what change are you referring to, is it in some patch note that 'outdated content bosses will now respawn more frequently' or something?
Wielder of Greenmist
Grand Lord of Cabilis
Dread Lord, Onyx Wing

Last edited by Karilis1 : 09-22-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Karilis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Rep Power: 648 Golgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden god

one of the silliest offenders, since you mentioning bringing up an alt, is the MPG group trials.

2 hour lockout on ALL trials for winning any one of them? wtf kind of logic is that.
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Rep Power: 648 Golgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden godGolgi is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karilis1 View Post
If I want to bring an alt up, experience content I never did, without just obliterating it with my main, or otherwise get friends interested in the game...

I really can't do that, if the coolest things to kill are perma down, or there are six other people with my same idea to just check in once per day, and kill whatever's up in an old zone.

Hell, what would be wrong with -instant- repop on King Tormax, Dain, and Yelinak at this point? And Stormfeather, Lodizal, Kelorrek Dar, the ToV dragons, the pegasus in NK for mage epic, all of the epic 1.0 mobs... Aten Ha Ra, and so on and so forth.
i have a seru key, and a mage parked in VT...have caught Seru up once, and VT up zero times checking basically once per EQ session, in the last 3 years.

instant is a bit overkill, just because some mobs have clickies etc that shouldn't come into the game so fast. not so much on the specific ones you mentioned, but i don't see them going back and hand adjusting individual respawn rates.
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Moederneuker
Golgi's personal terrorist

Rep Power: 223 Moederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a Bloodreaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgi View Post
one of the silliest offenders, since you mentioning bringing up an alt, is the MPG group trials.

2 hour lockout on ALL trials for winning any one of them? wtf kind of logic is that.
agreed, it's not like they're even good for xping alts either. i got tired of waiting out the lockout last i ran through them and have to go back up and do weaponry for my rgr.

lockouts make sense in halfway current content or with loot that ppl may use for a long time etc (like coa orbs) but with nothing people could successfully sell adds to or use for pling it makes no sense. what makes even less sense if that they even give lockouts on fail. that one never made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdum View Post
I'd just make it in then at 164. I am only slightly smarter than Sam Deathwalker...
Somebody shoot me: First, I agree with Golgi, and then I rank somewhere between Sam Deathwalker and a guy that calls himself Dumdum.
Moederneuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Drakang
Stupid enough to accept a Guild lead tag

Rep Power: 290 Drakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a Bloodreaver

I thought it was 4 days plus or minus 6 hours for alot.

The power of hate conquers all.
Drakang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
Skorpus
Burnt Out

Rep Power: 248 Skorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden godSkorpus is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgi View Post

This ticked me off the other night. Mainly because I had forgotten about it, and ran to the next trial before I realized...but there definitely was a WTF factor afterwards.

I logged off and played Call of Duty when I was expecting a night of EQ. Oh well.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:43 AM   #9
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1261 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpus View Post
I logged off and played Call of Duty when I was expecting a night of EQ. Oh well.
PC?
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #10
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Rep Power: 592 Darksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden god

My understanding is that the respawn timer is 3 days +0-12 hours for most of the pre POP raid names. Some of the epic stuff is on a 12 hour timer (phinny, undead bard, VSR) while some misc mobs/cycles are 5 or 7 days (not certain how many still are though...VT? Cursed? emperor?).
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote